Saturday, May 10, 2014

Going back.

If you read my previous post, I started working on that list. One thing at a time.The first item on the list is "Going back to school".  

For almost 15 years, I had one sleeping schedule. Sleep at 9 and wake up at 6.

I did not waste my precious sleeping hours loitering around cyberspace back then. I don't understand why I do that now though. I haven't come up with any amazing ideas in those hours I gave up sleep. I know my head hurts if I stay up late. I know staring at this stupid screen is doing nothing but taking me closer to being certified as legally blind. I am not much familiar with Biology but I sometimes wonder if my DNA has procrastination protein or should I say virus? Day starts with pushing that snooze for more than an hour. Every work will be dumped to "will do later at night" list slowly but surely.  And then at night, I am tired. Tired of doing nothing. I grudgingly sit and start doing grad student chores. (Read assignments.) Eventually, everything that needs to be done gets done. But poorly. This is no way close to what a rational mind should do. So, its only sane that I shut down the laptop and give my poor eyes some rest.

Sleeping early is as painful as waking up early. But hey, pain of discipline is better than pain of regret.

No comments:

Post a Comment